Wednesday 11 January 2017

Tilikum ....

Funny that my last entry here was about the Blackfish documentary & Tilikum. Forgive the numerous YEARS since last posting, I just got busy and totally forgot that I had this account. But anyway, I'm back now and I'm trying out blogging again (again) -- I've got a wordpress as well; I'm trying to figure out what I like & what I should do. I'm not big on coding, and until I have time to really mess around, it's going to be pretty Plain Jane. I'll get around to figuring it out eventually!

Back to what I wanted to talk about ...

Tilikum passed away last week, after being sick for quite a while

Article in Time Magazine about Tilikum's Death

I'm sick that he was forced into the life he had to live. But he's not sick anymore, he's not disturbed anymore, and hopefully SeaWorld will continue to move forward. They stopped their breeding program (as far as the general public knows), hopefully they can work out how to reunite the children with their mothers that they have moved all over the world.

I doubt they would do it, but it would be nice, since, in their natural habitat they stay in their family units, for the most part. Males stay with their Moms their entire lives. The females leave at some point to join other pods, but the other pods travel around and meet up often.)

I would love to see SeaWorld & other marine parks move away from shows & captivity the way they currently have it.

I think it would be awesome if they really concentrated on rescues -- TRUE rescues, in that they rescue, give treatment for whatever created the need to be rescued, rehabilitate, then release.

They're having a bit of trouble on the release part -- Loro Parque "rescued" Morgan quite a while ago, said they were rehabbing her, but instead, stuck her in a tank hardly big enough for a small dolphin, and have put her in shows.

She desperately needs out of there.

Loro Parque has proven time & time again that they shouldn't have Orcas in their park. Their conditions are atrocious, and Morgan is in worse shape now than she was when they brought her in!

The pictures of her just make my heart hurt. I can't imagine living in those conditions. I really can't fathom how nobody with any authority has been able to get her out of there.

Free Morgan website is here

Free Morgan Facebook page is here

No comments:

Post a Comment